Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) conspiracy theories spread panic and threatening misinformation. No doubt Novel coronavirus is dangerous if test found positive but there is NO NEED TO PANIC.
What you need to do is to know about this 2019 Novel coronavirus (Wuhan coronavirus) as much as you can. So that you can prevent yourself from this virus.
Before going to discuss how can you prevent from this coronavirus, let’s see some facts about Novel coronavirus.
Some facts about Novel coronavirus
- Novel coronavirus is recently discovered (on 31st December 2019) coronavirus.
- Novel coronavirus is 7th type of coronavirus and as lethal as SARS and MERS.
- All the 7 types of coronaviruses are found in animals and birds.
- These animals and birds may include your household ones.
- The shape of virus is like “Crown” (has spikes over body) so named as coronavirus.
- These viruses evolve- make changes in their genome to develop more resistance and live longer in their hosts.
- This 7th form is also believed to part of the evolution process.
- It can rarely be transmitted from animals and birds to people.
- While it is easy for Novel coronavirus to transmit between person-to-person during close contact.
- There is no antiviral available for Novel coronavirus.
- There is no vaccine available for Novel coronavirus yet.
Symptoms of Novel coronavirus
- Shortness of breath
Total Infected coronavirus people
According to WHO report data collected on January 27, 2020, there are total 2798 confirmed cases found in the world, China being the greatest victim- 2761 cases. While United States and Thailand are second greatest victim of this coronavirus- 5 confirmed cases in each country.
The number of infected cases and deaths may increase by the passage of time.
Why you don’t need to Panic?
Yet you don’t need to panic:
Because when such an infectious disease spread in a city, panic travellers spread it more than the virus itself, to other cities and countries.
So whenever such kind of disease found in anywhere remember one thing; “Do Not Leave and Go there” which Chinese Government did it well to control the epidemic coronavirus.
Many countries discontinued flights with China and some multinational companies shut down work in China for temporary period to avoid further spread.
The confirmed cases are being treated in an isolation in China and many other countries.
Another reason is when panic creates, it favours conspiracy on electronic, print and social media by spreading dangerous misinformation to public.
Director General of World Health Organization (WHO) met with Chinese President and health experts and also headed two emergency meetings of WHO. After continuous efforts of WHO and Chinese Government, the general guidelines and road map are developed:
- To limit human to human transmission.
- To identify, isolate and care for patients early.
- To identify and reduce transmission from the animal source.
- To address crucial unknowns and about clinical severity, extent of transmission and infection, treatment options, and accelerate the development of diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines.
How can you prevent from Novel coronavirus?
Here are some recommendations and advice from WHO :
- Avoiding close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections.
- Frequent hand-washing, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment.
- Avoiding unprotected contact with farm or wild animals.
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, covercoughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands).
- Within healthcare facilities, enhance standard infection prevention and control practices in hospitals, especially inemergency departments.
How can you prevent your household animals and birds?
Vaccination of household animals and birds can prevent them from coronavirus attack. Vaccines for other types of coronaviruses are available while novel coronavirus vaccine is not available till now.
Always respond intelligently to situation specially SOS alert and International Emergency situations.
Don’t believe blindly on rumours or untrusted sources of information.
Always confirm from trusted and authentic sources of information.
Stay calm and believe on your strengths, you can fight with any tough situations.
Follow the guidelines of World Health Organization (WHO) to stay healthy.